Welcome to my webpage. Here you can find everything you need to about Sandra Cointreau: my work, my art, my writing and my animals.
For 40 years, I have worked as an engineer on civil/environmental engineering and planning projects. I specialize in waste management systems and have worked in the US and over 50 developing countries on municipal, hazardous, medical and livestock waste systems, from collection to disposal and recycling.
My more recent work on livestock production and processing wastes has their relation to the chain of disease development for livestock-related Zoonotic diseases such as SARS, Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza, and Transmissible Encephalapathies such as Mad Cow Disease, and their relationship to the growing global resistence to antibiotics related to livestock daily feeding of antibiotics for growth promotion. My work has also included focus on how to improve the municipal live market and slaughtering facilities that prevail in serving the meat supply for the majority of urban dwellers in developing countries and the humane treatment of animals at these facilities.
My parallel work with animals and energy healing has provided intuitive and creative balance to harmonize the analytical demands of engineering. I have bred over 100 standard poodle puppies and cared for my own horses, cats, rabbits and fish at my country home, Stoney Brook Farm, in Roxbury, CT.
I recently completed a book about energy healing for animals, available through Earth Lodge. I also paint watercolors, often of animals, and particularly of horses.
For training in energy healing, I have completed the following:
· A Course in Miracles, four years of daily intensive study and meditation, 1986-1990.
· Shamanism, drumming, and space clearing studies with Native American traditional healing and ethnobotany expert, E. Barrie Kavasch, Medicine Wheel Wellness Center, 1998-2002. · Shamanism, Level I, Michael Harner, Foundation for Shamanic Studies, 1999.
· Komitor Healing Touch® for Animals, Level I, Carol Komitor, 2003.
· Shamanism, Healing the Shadow Self and Solstice Vision Quest, Paul Sivert, 2007.
· Usui Reiki I and II, Catherine Burke, Usui Reiki Master and Certified Massage Therapist, 2003.
· Usui Reiki III and Reiki Master/Teacher, William Lee Rand, International Center for Reiki Training, 2004.
· Karuna Reiki® I, II, III and Master/Teacher, William Lee Rand, International Center for Reiki Training, 2008. (Karuna Reiki® is taught only to Usui Masters, adding a total of 9 new Karuna Reiki® symbols for deeper and more focused healing potential).